The truck is a 05 Chevy Silverado 3500 diesel dually, silver in color and only had 41,000 miles on it. I'm confident it will get us where we need to go. Now, the fuel costs will most likely keep us in the parked position more often than we might like but slowing down and smelling the roses is a good thing. We will also have our bikes with us so it will give us time to explore on two wheels.
We are attending the RV show in Seattle on the 8th. I'm already feeling overwhelmed with all of the different RV's and floor plans etc. etc. This will tip me over the edge! LOL I really hope we can find a decent used RV so we have more $$ for travel. I know they are out there, we just have to find them! We may travel to another state to get one too. Once Jay is released from work we can travel any time so there is not problem with traveling quite some distance if we need to in order to find the perfect RV for us.
My intent from this point on is to blog on the process from looking to buying our first RV Toy Hauler and then taking you on the road with us. I'm able to find all sorts of blogs and websites on RVing but none really from the outlook of RVing and riding motorcycles. There are those who do ride and RV but the focus is not on that one combination in particular. I'm sure there are other people like us who wish to do as much riding as possible by hauling their bikes to a certain location and then riding that area before moving on to the next zone. So, you will not only get our RV stories but you will also get the perspective from the bikes.
Feb. 13th
Well, the RV show was kind of a bust. It seems around these parts they only sell a couple of brands of Toy Haulers and the 2 or 3 they had didn't do much for us. We've decided to go on a road trip once Jay is recovered from his surgery and seek out some different brands that I've researched online. In fact, I think I'm going blind from all of this research, almost to the point of burn out.
Leah and I are still working at clearing out 30 years of 'stuff' and making some progress. I find it very easy to get side tracked though so I'm thankful she is living close by and is willing to help me keep going with it. She will be going to New Mexico soon to spend time with Brad so we will have Dante'. Chris and his family move in mid March so we are looking forward to that time. It will be an adventure for sure! They are thinking about raising pigs and I came up with the idea of having a Xmas tree farm.
Jays surgery is next week. He will be having 2 discs in his cervical spine removed and then the vertebrae pinned together on the front side of his neck. Apparently it is a common surgery, so far we know of 4 others who have also had it done. We have a lot of confidence in his surgeon, Dr. Hoekema in Bellingham. He's in his early to mid 40's and I didn't see his hands shake once...and I was looking!
I'm taking a community ed class on digital photography and also one called - How to Write a Blog that People Want to Read. So, be prepared to be amazed!! :)
Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment