Before the train ride we did make it up to see the meteor crater and to Winslow where we found the man standing on the corner and a nice little car show.
| This has a Diesel Detroit V8 |
| This has a V12 Allison Airplane engine like the old Hydroplanes |
Then we found the front end to my old car on the wall of the brewery in Williams! ha That's about all it was good for!
Williams, AZ was the last town bypassed when I-40 went in. It's a cute little town and apparently was really going downhill until the owners of the Grand Canyon railroad purchased the railroad and the town came back to life.
We tried to ride to the top of Bill Williams mountain where there is a lookout but met this guy on the road. I took a few pics and we turned around. It was fun while it lasted!!
This was the results of the road grader on our way down. I was glad we went down instead of up! I'm hopeful that this video works, it's the first time I've tried adding one.
| The view - not bad! |
| Jay doing Scratch and Sniff - it's suppose to smell like vanilla...we didn't notice much. |
| Look at the Juniper berries! They were covering the ground like snow. |
The end for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment